DEWIZ BRIDGES PRACTICE RANGE TO FIRST TEE WITH LAUNCH OF ON COURSE MODE
deWiz’s Delivers Comprehensive Swing Data Points and Provides AI-Based Analysis between Good vs. Bad Swings, on the Course and in Practice.
October 23, 2023 - (Malmö, Sweden): Pioneering a new layer of swing data, deWiz has further expanded its capabilities with its new On Course Mode, which seamlessly collects swing data while playing a round of golf, all permitted under the Rules of Golf. As golf’s only swing monitoring tool you can easily use on the course, deWiz is breaking new ground in the understanding of the golf swing and using its game-changing data to help golfers increase their consistency both in practice and when it matters most, between the first tee and 18th green.
“After years of development, deWiz is the first swing monitoring technology that golfers have available to easily capture their swing data from on the golf course, which provides tremendous insight into their actual golf swing. Everyone’s golf swing is different when hitting balls on the practice range compared to on the golf course, and now deWiz provides game-changing insights. When you slice the ball or come up short on an approach shot, with deWiz’s On Course Mode you will now know why instead of guessing what may have gone wrong,” said Markus Westerberg, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, deWiz Golf.
DEWIZ’S ON COURSE MODE: With exact measurements, deWiz empowers golfers to better know their swing, monitor their consistency, and make lasting changes to their swing. And the wearable tech’s latest advancement is a seamless solution to understand, analyze, and improve one’s play on course:
- Seamless Bridge from Driving Range to First Tee: Turn on On Course Mode within the deWiz app and golfers can collect their data, all permitted under the Rules of Golf. With the ease of a wearable tech, data is stored in the background and matched after the round with input on the outcome of each shot and club used.
- AI-Assisted Insights: Immediately after the round, deWiz generates AI-assisted insights on the most significant differences between missed shots and good shots. This helps golfers work on their consistency on identifying what is different when making a poor shot and what clubs and types of shots are their biggest area for improvement.
- Range vs On Course: Within the app and deWiz’s Data Insights webpage, golfers can compare their swing at the driving range vs. when it matters the most, on the golf course. And for competitive golfers, there is also insights into how their swing is different between practice rounds and in tournaments.
- Pro Golf Tested and Approved: deWiz’s On Course Mode was developed in close collaboration with professional golfers, including use in an LPGA Tour major championship and tour events, PGA TOUR Champions events, DP World Tour, LET, and on the winning team, the Singhs, at the 2022 PNC Championship.
- Permitted under the Rules of Golf: Since the On Course Mode collects swing data in a “stealth mode” and the data can not be accessed during the round of golf, deWiz is permitted to be worn in competitions under the Rules of Golf.
DEWIZ – HOW IT WORKS: deWiz tracks the exact position of a golfer's wrists throughout their swing, providing 3D swing data via a user-friendly app that monitors a golfers’ consistency and improves their ability to hit the ball longer, straighter, and closer. And to modify a golfer’s swing, deWiz’s patented Learning Stimuli delivers real-time feedback through an electric pulse that elevates the effectiveness of their practice and make lasting changes faster through neuroscience. For golfers, deWiz currently measures 14 swing data points on each swing, including Transition, Length of Backswing, Backswing Plane, Max Backswing Width, Max Hand Speed, and Tempo measurements. Additional advance metrics are available via the deWiz Coaches Program and our Elite Players program, including the development of deWiz’s on-course mode for tournament use. To access videos on all deWiz’s groundbreaking features, instructional webinars, and ambassador testimonials, please visit deWiz’s YouTube Channel.
DEVELOPED BY EXPERTS, TESTED BY PROS: The deWiz Global Ambassadors roster currently includes Annika Sörenstam, 10-time major-champion; Vijay Singh, 3-time major-champion; Bryson DeChambeau, 2020 U.S. Open champion; Henrik Stenson, 2016 Open champion; Yuka Saso, 2021 U.S. Women’s Open champion; Lanto Griffin, 2019 Houston Open champion; and Martin Hall, past PGA of America National Teacher of the Year. Additionally, deWiz Coaches Program currently has partnerships with the LPGA Professionals, PGA of Sweden, PGA of Germany, and the Southern California PGA of America section.
ABOUT DEWIZ AB: As a world leader in stimuli-based motor learning, deWiz enables people to unlock their potential and achieve their goals through game-changing data and groundbreaking technology. As a Swedish developed and produced product, deWiz Golf AB is focused on its mission to help golfers around the world increase their enjoyment of the game through innovative technology that increases their pace of learning. Developed in Malmö, Sweden by co-founders Markus Westerberg (PGA Professional, Ljunghusen Golfklubb) and Christian Bergh, deWiz is currently available in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, South Africa, and South Korea (more markets are opening regularly - visit the site for the latest updates). For more information on deWiz AB, visit dewiz.com for investor relations and corporate information. For ecommerce and more information on deWiz’s patented golf swing monitor and modifier, visit dewizgolf.com.
Media Inquiries and Trial Device Requests:
+1 (240) 405 2650
+46702877637 (mobile and WhatsApp)